Tuesday 2 February 2016

Introduction letter to Parents/Caregivers


Kia ora, fakaalofa lahi atu, talofa lava and greetings.

This is a letter of introduction, as well as an outline of what you and your child can expect from being in Room 8 this year.

My name is Renee Tuapawa and I will be your child’s teacher this year.  This is my eighth year teaching.  I am also the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) this year, which means Whaea Ana will be in our class every Tuesday while I fulfil my duties.

As a teacher, I will endeavour to assist and cater for all needs in my class.  I will create a warm and challenging learning environment that will enhance students’ learning, both in and outside of the classroom.  Students will be expected to participate actively in all curriculum areas.

In Terms 1 and 4, students will be receiving swimming lessons in the school pool. Students are expected to bring their togs and towel to school from Monday to Thursday. If your child is not swimming they must bring a parental/caregiver note explaining why they are not swimming.

If your child is absent from school, you must contact the office to let them know the reason for the absence.  If a pattern of absence emerges, or if your child is regularly away from school, I will make contact with you to find out what can be done to help.  If absences continue, I am required by law to contact truancy services and refer it to them.

Homework is given every Monday and it is to be returned the following Monday.  As the children have an entire week to complete their homework, I do not accept excuses as to why it has not been done.  If it has not been done, or if I feel a minimal effort has been made, students will be required to complete the homework sheets in their own time, at lunchtime.

Correct school uniform must be worn at all times.  This includes the school shirt, skirt/shorts, and a blue jacket.  No other colours are permitted.  Students are not permitted to wear bracelets or wristbands.  Necklaces are not permitted (this does not include taonga/greenstones) and only stud earrings are allowed.  In Terms 1 and 4, it is also compulsory to wear a hat each day.  If your child is not wearing the correct school uniform, I require a note from home explaining why.

We have a class blog (http://eightisgreat2016.blogspot.co.nz/) which will be regularly updated.  It will feature videos, photos and examples of your child’s work throughout the year.  We would love to see comments and feedback on our class blog.

There will be fun and exciting opportunities throughout the year for Room 8.  I hope, with your help, your child seizes the chance to be a part of some, or all of these extra-curricular activities.  I look forward to working with you to achieve the best possible outcome for your child here at Clendon Park School.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at school on 267 6671, extension 854.




Kind regards,

Renee Tuapawa.

No comments:

Post a Comment